Broad device support
- Track and manage Windows PCs, Macintosh computers, and EnergyWise-enabled devices such as IP phones, switches, wireless access points (WAPs), routers, router modules, iPDUs, security cameras.
- 100K devices per server; scales out to 500K.
- Automatic license reclamation.
- Automatically update Surveyor clients to a specified version of the agent software or deploy specific versions of the client agent to specific clients.
Agent-based power management
- Agent-based, non-intrusive PC and Mac power management with minimal impact to end-users, business applications, or IT maintenance activity.
- Surveyor idle timer accurately monitors CPU, disk, and network utilization for device usage activity.
- Centralized administration of device power states from a single, easy to use Web-based administrator console.
- Web 2.0 admin console simplifies deployment and ongoing maintenance.
- Prevent data loss with application handling and custom scripting.
- Robust device view helps you to locate, diagnose, and isolate problematic devices and network connection issues.
Role-based security and distributed administration
- Group-oriented administration with role-based security privileges.
- Assign different members of the IT team to specific roles for security and administration.
- Create different administrative roles with specific permission sets.
- Roles can have global or group-level permissions.
Direct device management
- Manage and control devices immediately via direct commands, or through policies and scheduled power schemes.
- Create policies that accommodate specific needs rather than a one-size-fits-all approach.
- Each policy can use a unique, daily schedule.
- Policies can be assigned by location and associated with local energy rates and currencies for more accurate savings calculations.
- Easily create exception groups for mission-critical devices that should not be power-managed.
Automatic assignment of devices
- Detect IT devices on your network for automatic assignment to policies, groups, and locations.
- Power consumption configurable by PC make & model.
- Per-device energy baseline.
- Collect actual usage information for computers to help you optimize intelligent power management policies.
Locations, energy rate schedules, and currencies
- Support for multiple location that devices can be assigned to manually or through auto-assignment rules.
- Each location can have associated energy costs (fixed or variable for TOU and intraday rates) in that location's currency.
- Reports reflect correct savings by automatically calculating local currencies exchange rates with the specified system currency.
Wake on WAN
- High performance Wake-on-LAN support for waking PC and Mac client agents.
- Works in any network topology and across any number of subnets.
- Network-friendly approach requires minimal administration.
- Wake Surveyor client agents from a remote location over the web.
- Schedule strategic wake requests to work around scheduled maintenance windows.
- Connect for Microsoft System Center seamlessly integrates the Surveyor server with Microsoft System Center 2012.
- From within the client management console, schedule Surveyor to wake your PCs and Macs before advertisements or software updates.
- Surveyor uses its Wake-on-WAN capability to wake up the computers and then turn them off following patch management or software updates.
Dashboards, Analytics, and Real-time Event Data
- Industry-leading business intelligence from Information Builders is integrated in Surveyor dashboards and analytics.
- Role-based dashboards provide actionable information to the stakeholders in IT energy management.
- Important events are recorded and reported to a central server for real-time event reporting.
- Energy use and user activity reports help administrators optimize policy assignment, and also flag and identify underutilized devices.
- Generate energy management and IT efficiency reports that drill-down into device data based on group, location, and other categories of interest.
Cisco EnergyWise device support
- Unified control of Cisco EnergyWise-enabled devices through network-based measurement of power draw and network-based control of device power levels. Requires Cisco EnergyWise-enabled network hardware and Power over Ethernet (PoE) devices.