Verdiem Surveyor combined with Cisco EnergyWise™ delivers a solution that leverages the power of the existing Cisco® Catalyst® network to enable customers to analyze energy consumption, enforce policies to lower power usage, and optimize savings for enterprise information and communications technology (ICT) devices, including PCs, Macs, Power over Ethernet (PoE) devices (IP phones, wireless access points, security cameras, power distribution units, and so on), and switches.
Cisco EnergyWise is an architecture that is designed to measure and report power consumption, act on optimizing the power levels, automate such optimization, and advise power consumption for devices connected to the Cisco infrastructure. Cisco EnergyWise can be used to demonstrate cost savings. Cisco EnergyWise is a Cisco IOS® Software feature available on all the Cisco Catalyst switch platforms (2xxx, 3xxx, 4xxx and 6xxx), Cisco Integrated Services Routers Generation 2 (ISR G2), IP phones, compact switches, and virtual desktop devices.
For enterprise IT and facilities, Cisco EnergyWise uses the intelligence of the existing Cisco network to interface with the energy instrumentation of those systems and devices. Device partners in the Cisco EnergyWise partner ecosystem have the EnergyWise SDK pre-installed on their devices. Using a unified framework, it becomes much easier for Verdiem Surveyor to use the Cisco Catalyst network to deliver a robust energy management solution.
Verdiem Surveyor is an IT energy management solution that uses Cisco EnergyWise to provide enhanced capabilities to monitor and control power usage for network-connected devices deployed across the enterprise. Verdiem Surveyor is the only product with that allows PCs - the #1 consumer of IT energy - to join Cisco EnergyWise networks, allowing full control to reduce costs. Surveyor is easy to deploy and quick to get started. With Verdiem Surveyor and Cisco EnergyWise, you can:
- Automatically detect and organize devices
- Centrally manage power policies and handle exceptions
- Align unlimited policies with workforce activity patterns, schedules, and locations
- Locate, diagnose and remedy (or isolate) problematic devices
- Optimize savings using detailed user and device activity
- Get visibility into energy cost savings and CO2 emission reduction with dashboard-style reports
In addition, Surveyor 6 has extended its leading EnergyWise support with the first solution for hot plugging of PCs connected to Cisco EnergyWise networks. Hot plugging allows mobile laptop users to securely reconnect and automatically rejoin a Cisco EnergyWise network as they change their physical location.
Why Cisco and Verdiem
Cisco EnergyWise provides the "connectivity tissue" to an ever increasing set of devices and systems. Verdiem delivers rich measurement and control for the "IT plug-load," providing highly accurate data on utilization and costs.
- Verdiem Surveyor as a Cisco EnergyWise management console: Surveyor can be used to measure and manage PCs, Macs, switches, routers, and PoE devices such as IP phones and security cameras. Surveyor supplies a robust set of enterprise power management features, including automatic policies, multilocation and multicurrency reporting, time-of-use energy rates, and more.
- Verdiem Surveyor as a PC Cisco EnergyWise client: When the Verdiem solution is deployed, PCs become fully operational (and manageable) Cisco EnergyWise endpoints. That means that these PCs can be managed not only by Surveyor, but also from other management consoles that support Cisco EnergyWise, such as Cisco Prime LAN Management Solution (LMS) and Schneider Electric's StuxureWare.
Given the large energy consumption of PCs, laptops, and monitors, it is essential that an enterprise energy management solution address these devices. The only Cisco EnergyWise solution on the market that fully enables PC energy measurement and control today is Verdiem Surveyor.